SHB30516 Certificate III in Barbering covers everything from fundamentals of cutting hair, right through to mastering the latest trends and techniques. Our educators deliver a comprehensive program designed to equip students with the essential knowledge and hands-on skills required to be a successful barber. Barber Temple students receive a mixture of theoretical and practical training giving students shop-floor experience to ensure they are armed with real-world experience and job-ready.
Duration: Up to 12 months, with flexible study options (2 -4 days per week)
Payment Options: Manageable monthly progress payments
Nationally Certified: Yes
Delivery Method: Barber Temple Academy
Location: Barber Temple - 50 Cordelia St, South Brisbane, 4101
Student Kit Included: Yes
Next Intake: Contact us for dates
APPRENTICE TOOL KIT
The Barber Temple Apprentice Tool Kit is included in the cost of the course. This kit has been specially curated by our Barber Temple Educators to have all the essentials and tools that they preferred when starting out.
We work closely with over 100 barbershops right across Queensland to provide our students with employment opportunities and career pathways.
In studying a Cert III in Barbering, you'll learn everything there is to know about being an effective Barber. Once graduated, you'll be prepared to work in a barbershop. The course covers:
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Provide shampoo and basin services
- Design and maintain beards and moustaches
- Shave heads and faces
- Provide men’s general grooming services
- Dry hair to shape
- Design haircut structures
- Create one length or solid haircut structures
- Create Graduated haircut structures
- Create layered haircut structures
- Cut hair using over-comb techniques
- Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structures
- Maintain and organise tools, equipment, and work areas
- Develop and expand a client base
- Cut hair using freehand clipper techniques
- Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions
- Conduct salon financial transactions
- Provide salon services to clients
- Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
- Communicate as part of a salon team
- Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
- Provide head, neck and shoulder massages for relaxation
- Recommend products & services
- Plan hair services for special events
- Create haircuts using tracks and carving
- Research and use hairdressing industry information
- Colour and lighten hair
The Apprentice Tool Kit includes everything you need to get you started. The kit can be customized based on your preferences. It includes:
- Barber Bag
- Barber Mat
- Hair Dryer
- Scissor Kit
- Scissor Comb
- Hair Grippers
- Sectioning Clips
- Fade Brush
- Spray Bottle
- Neck Brush
- Quiff Roller
- Cut Throat Razor and Blades
- Mannequin head
are well connected with Barbershops right across South East Queensland, and will assist you to find full-time
employment either part-way through or at the completion of your qualification.
Yes, we can be flexible. Please contact us directly to discuss your specific requirements.
Yes, if you find regular employment or we place you within a Barbershop, we can transition your study to a workplace-based
apprenticeship and continue to manage your progression.
Yes. We have standard options, but if you want to upgrade some of the items we can easily manage this for an additional cost.
Write content to help your customers to better understand your products or policies.
Since beginning training at barber temple I've gone from never cutting or touching hair before to confidently doing fades, scissor cuts and acquiring a full-time job as a barber
Not only have I learnt how to do all sorts of haircuts, I've made lifelong friendships and made valuable connections in the industry