MONTHLY RATE AND REVIEW COMPETITION
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
- The Competition commences at 9:00am Australian East Standard Time (AEST) on the first day of each month, and ends at 11:59pm AEST on the final day of said month (Promotion Period). Entries submitted and received by the Promoter after this time will not be accepted. The time of entry will in each case be the time which the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not the time of transmission by the entrant.
- The Competition is open to Australian and New Zealand residents aged 16 years and over who enter during the Promotion Period.
- Employees and contractors (and their immediate families) of Barber Temple Pty Ltd ABN 74 650 735 916 0 (Promoter or we), their subsidiaries and the agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following (whether natural, step or adopted): spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, parent, grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, sibling or first cousin.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the Competition, eligible entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
- log onto barbertemple.com.au(for Australian & New Zealand residents)
- submit a valid Rating/Review about a product currently sold by the Promoter; and
- register their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, post code, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Entrants may enter the Competition multiple times during the Promotion Period. Each entry must be a unique Rating/Review about a product currently sold by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and proof of purchase), and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who otherwise tampers with the entry process. Manifest errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid at the Promoter's absolute discretion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrect, incomplete, lost, late or misdirected entries.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity or details of any entrant, the Promoter reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, the identity or details of that entrant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into in relation to such decision or associated process.
- There will be 1 winner of the prize. This Competition is a game of skill and entrants are required to demonstrate skill, talent, creativity and/or imagination in their answer in order to compete. The winner will be determined by a judging panel at the offices of the Promoter, located at 50 Cordelia Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4101, Australia, on the 3rd day of the month. The Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to draw additional valid reserve entries and record them in order in the case of an invalid entry or where an ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The winner will be notified by email. The winner’s name and the winning entry may be published on the Promoter’s Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook platforms, and in any other Promotional Material the Promoter deems relevant. Entrants consent to their details and entry being published in these circumstances
- The prize must be redeemed within 10 days of the winner’s announcement and redemption is subject to product availability. If a winner does not claim their prize within the prescribed time, then they will forfeit their prize and the prize will be awarded to the next eligible entry submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The total prize pool value for this Competition is AUD $250 (inclusive of GST). The winner will receive a Barber Temple Gift Card valued at AUD $250 (inclusive of GST).
- Prize values are based on the recommended retail prices as at 1st December 2022. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date. If, for any reason, any of the specified prizes (or any part of them) are unavailable or out of stock, the Promoter reserves the right to replace them with something of similar value and/or specification.
- Independent financial advice should be sought, as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter at its absolute discretion.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, or any part thereof, are not transferable, saleable or exchangeable and cannot be taken or redeemed as cash or equivalent. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied.
- It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
- The prize will be delivered to the nominated mailing address of the winner to any State/Territory and/or city/suburb in Australia or New Zealand.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the entry which they submit, including any entry content (such as text, images, photos and videos) and any accompanying comments (Submission). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Submission to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Submission without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that: (a) they will not submit any Submission that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter could reasonably deem to be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 16, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) they will obtain prior written consent from any person that appears or is personally identifiable in their Submission; (c) they will obtain full prior written consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Submission to the uses and terms herein; (d) their Submission does not contain viruses and will not cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name and likeness in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purposes of promoting this Competition (including any outcome) and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and their related bodies corporate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website situated at barbertemple.com.au is the entrant’s sole responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entrants’ use (or attempted use) of the website. Entrants are also required at all times to agree to and comply with any terms and conditions.
- If, for any reason, this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion: (a) to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process; or (b) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, as appropriate. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter also reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, as appropriate.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, as regards this Competition or the merchantability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose of any prize or any component of any prize.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights or remedies in respect of goods or services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by law. However, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including for negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including for loss of opportunity, business, goodwill or profits), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is cancelled, delayed, interrupted, diverted, late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter or otherwise);
- any variation in prize value or specification to that stated or referred to in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability or similar charge incurred by the winner; or
- use of a prize by the winner.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or any other event beyond its control and, in these circumstances, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, cancel the Competition (without liability) and, if it elects to do so, recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
- Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any breach of the above terms, conditions or warranties.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter (including any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrants’ names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid, unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact the Promoter via the details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should also be directed to the Promoter.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to New Zealand and Australian lottery departments and the winner’s name published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
- This Competition and any issues relating to the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
- The Promoter is Barber Temple Pty Ltd (ABN 74 650 735 916 0) of 50 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD, 4101, Australia.
- If you have any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter may be contacted by email at email@example.com.
By submitting any content to Barber Temple as part of the CRR Service ("Content") you accept, and agree to abide by, all of the terms and conditions setout herein and represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights contained therein;
- all "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you and you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Content that you submit, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto;
- all Content that you post is relevant and accurate (where it states facts) and genuinely held (where it states opinion);
- you understand you are participating in a public forum and that your Content will be available to others;
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, obscene, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased, offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to anyone;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person-;
- that impersonates any person, or misrepresents your identity or affiliation with any person-;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information, phone numbers or other personally identifiable information in respect of any individual; or
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
Barber Temple will not accept Content from you unless you are a registered user of our website.
Although Content may be moderated by Barber Temple, it is under no obligation to anyone to oversee, monitor or moderate same and it may stop moderating at any time.
Any Content submitted to Barber Temple as part of the CRR Service may be used and published by Barber Temple on the Barber Temple website, or otherwise shared with Barber Temple’s affiliates to be used and published by them on their websites.
We value your opinion and can't wait to hear about all your product experiences. To make sure all of your reviews are published for other shoppers to view, you should comply with the following guidelines when submitting Content:
- To make your opinion as valuable as possible to other shoppers, make sure you have used the product before submitting your review.
- Stay on topic. Let us know what you love a little about the product, what you love a lot, and why.
- Tell us everything. Think about the features and benefits of the product and what you would have wanted to know before purchasing the product yourself.
- Keep it simple. Not too long, not too short, just enough to help out your fellow shoppers. 70 – 300 words should have you on the money.
- Please avoid the following:
- Inappropriate language. Please do not use profanities, racist or sexual slurs, prejudiced, libellous or unlawful comments, or terms of abuse.
- Data and marketing communications about any company or persons, including yourself. Please do not include names, telephone numbers, email address etc in your review.
- Mentions of other companies or websites.
- Non-original material. Please do not post quotes, links or text that you have not written.
- Statements pertaining to delivery, availability, careers or customer service. Please contact us directly if you have specific feedback or queries. Our Rating & Reviews service is for feedback on product only.
- Reviews that do not comply with our review guidelines. Barbertemple.com.au will not edit words or phrases, therefore, any review containing the smallest amount of unacceptable content will not appear on the site.